Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Timing.....

So I want to be a teacher...really bad. Anybody reading this is probably thinking well don't you already have a college degree? Well yes and I don't know why I didn't just do what I always wanted to do while I was there but yesterday I was talking to somebody about it and they said, "well don't beat yourself up about it, it just wasn't the right time." So I started thinking this morning about God's timing...


"He has made everything beautiful in his time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Although I didn't graduate with my teacher certification, it is a burning passion of mine to teach...science...in 4th grade :) I have a heart for children and to make a positive impact on somebody's life, something that I believe comes from the love of Jesus living within my heart!

After I graduated in December of 2008 I couldn't find a job, along with many others, so I started taking a few classes at Tarleton and then of course I landed a job. I had to drop those courses in order to work and so my teacher certification was delayed. I was a little frustrated but happy to have found a job. I look back now and see that it was not the time to get my certification and that God wanted me to see something and do something before I started. As of right now I am in peace with getting my certification and extremely excited about it.

So here is the update on working on my teacher certification...in the Summer I plan on taking a few courses here at Tarleton and then beginning my teacher certification program through iTeach Texas in the Fall. Hopefully I can finish by January and take and pass the test (lots of prayer) and then start interviewing for available teaching positions in this area. :) I have been praying hard about this and I am asking for others to pray about it to...

Again, God's timing is PERFECT and I have to trust in the power of the Lord and all he is willing to do for me if I just trust in him...Praise him!

That is all for now...

Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment